Are you short on time and just pushing out all of your marketing messages into the entire universe? It’s time you spent your time and money marketing your business more wisely. Sending specific messages to smaller, targeted audience receive higher engagement and ROI. Tracking your efforts allows you to adjust your methods and stop doing anything that is just wasting your time and money.
- Define your audience + targets. Get specific. Analyze gender, age, interests + geography. Using various marketing platforms, determine which demographics to target. You can even survey your existing contacts (email and social media) and add the survey to your email sign up form. Ask people in which specific topics they are interested and with which methods they would prefer to be contacted.
- Create promotions + tools. What gets your customers to react? Choose a promotion that appeals to target audience and drives sales in-store and/or online. Create quality content that will get noticed. The more locally focused the content is, the better!
- Distribute to targets. Using the delivery method that best appeals to your target – deploy your promotion to that audience.
- Track results. Track sales, web + store traffic, engagement, shares, click rates and views. Monitor discount/coupon redemption if applicable. Make adjustments and learn how to improve on your next campaign. Consider A/B testing for times, days, subject lines, promotions and more. Stick with what works. Ditch what doesn’t.
- Ongoing follow-up + triggers. Deploy immediate automated responses to any purchasers, visitors, etc. Capture email addresses; then send thank you message with offer on next purchase.